Steel siding has come a long way in the past few years. Ply Gem has utilized improvements to technology and manufacturing to develop a beautiful, long-lasting product in an array of colours that can’t be beat. Here are 7 reasons why you should consider steel siding for your next siding project:
1) It’s long lasting – Ply Gem Steel Siding is made from high quality galvanized steel for a durable, high-performance product. It is designed to be tough enough to withstand severe elements like hail, wind and snow, with a strength that will last a lifetime.
2) It has curb appeal – Ply Gem Steel Siding has an embossed woodgrain that looks just like real wood. It comes in an array of bold and eye-catching colours that instantly add curb appeal to your home. All colours, even the most rich and vibrant, are backed by a 35-year fade warranty.
3) It’s low maintenance – Steel Siding requires very little in terms of maintenance compared to other cladding choices. Just wash it off a couple of times a year. No painting, caulking, or other fixes required!
4) It’s moisture resistant – Steel siding does not absorb moisture, so mould and fungus can’t grow on it like wood or other materials. It won’t rot, which is a big advantage in high moisture climates.
5) It’s fire resistant – Metal siding is a non-flammable material. This is a tremendous advantage in high fire areas, or regions that mandate a non-combustible material when cladding new homes. Ply Gem steel siding has a Class A/Class 1 fire rating.
6) It’s sustainable - Ply Gem steel siding is made from approximately 50% recyclable material. In addition, it is 100% recyclable at the end of its life cycle, making it a sustainable cladding option that can help building owners meet the criteria for green building codes
7) It has a great warranty – Ply Gem Steel Siding features a Limited Lifetime Warranty, including 50-year hail coverage and 35-year chalk and fade coverage. That means you can rest easy once your siding is installed.
Ready to learn more about steel siding? Ply Gem has the resources you need to help you make an informed decision about your siding purchase - just click here.